Japanese Peony and Spider Orchids

>> Saturday, January 15, 2011

FINALLY, the call came...... 'Kak Ainee, kelas saya hujung minggu ada cancellation; akak nak join tak?' .

I flipped; FINALLY...... a chance to attend Shahril's class....

I cancelled a previous engagement and said 'yes' .

The day came..... I was excited and also nervous.... Excited coz' I have always wanted a chance to learn from the best sugar artist for flowers (KL) and nervous coz' the LAST time I really sat dow and made flowers (other than a rose ) was more than ten years ago... Warned Shahril that I would be one of the slowest....

Anyhow after 2 days of kneading, rolling and frilling  and lots more, my peony 'grew' from petal to petal.... my spider orchid took shape; my frangipani twisted in place.... and the leaves cut, shaped and dusted....

Here are my humble offerings ...... sorry no individual/progress pictures of the orchid, capers and frangipani... simply forgot as I was in a great rush to catch up with the others.



Here's the team... thanks ladies.. I sure had lots of fun learning with all of you. Next session with Shahri, don't forget to count me in...


Here is the final bouquet (minus the frangipani -- no time to include)........



















And here's how I later presented it on a cake ... at the wedding exhibition......



Comments please....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Business Affiliate ProgramsOffersPersonalsAdvertisingShopping

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP